Dec. 5, 2019
It’s almost a sure thing that you will never have seen so many Santas in one place as you will when hundreds of Santa look-alikes race down Main Street. Kids of all ages can join in the Snowman Building Competition, and the younger revelers have their own fun run--the Moose March fun--on Main Street. Even your favorite furry four-legged pals won’t miss out as they parade through town in the Holiday Dog Parade. And everyone—locals and visitors alike—will want to be part of our wonderful traditions of the Lighting of Breckenridge, meeting Santa and a free Holiday Concert.
Schedule of Events follows:
December 7, 2019
3-6 p.m. | Snowman Building Competition
- FREE to kids of all ages
- Judged by the BreckCreate staff
- Located on the Arts District Lawn in the middle of Ridge Street.
3:45 p.m. | Holiday Dog Parade
- FREE for all doggies on Santa’s nice list (Aren’t they all good doggies?)
- Gather at 3 p.m. at Main Street Station.
- Parade located on Main Street.
4:20 p.m. | Moose March
- $10 for kids 12 and under.
- Register at Napper Tandy’s Irish Pub at 2 p.m. and pick up your Reindeer antlers for the race.
- March located on Main Street.
4:30 p.m. | Race of the Santas
- $15 for participants13 and up.
- Santas can register at Napper Tandy’s Irish Pub at 2 p.m.
- Race is less than a mile and will be located on Main Street.
- Don’t forget to wear your Santa Suit.
5 p.m. | Lighting of Breckenridge
- Tree lighting in Blue River Plaza.
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. | Meet Santa
- FREE photos with Santa.
- Located at the Barney Ford Museum.
6 p.m. | FREE Holiday Concert, featuring Hazel Miller
- Don’t miss a favorite band as Hazel performs top hits, original music, Jazz, Blues and R&B.
- Located at the Riverwalk Center.
For more information on the Lighting of Breckenridge and the Race of the Santas, visit GoBreck.com.